When you import an order from a webshopy, getting the information about the customer is essential for further processing the document in Business Central. There are two main options for doing so, and several combinations:
- Use a generic Customer No. for all orders.
- Import the actual customer information from the webshop.
Important settings when importing customers from the webshop
Whether you import customers from the webshop in bulk when linking an existing webshop or when you import orders, use the following settings to manage the process, you can find them E-Commerce Setup | Customers
In the auto numbering fields you can choose the appropriate no. serie when creating customer cards in BC.
The fields in Apply Customer template are relevant for BC versions lower than 21. New versions are using the settings in the tab 'Customer Templates'.
|Priority E-mail Check
Define in which table the match should be done:
|Check E-mail New Customers
|Define if you want to match new imported web customers with existing customers in BC
|Match New Customer
Define how you want to perform the match:
|Field No. Customer (18)
If the match is done on Custom Field, choose on which field in table 18 Customer you want to match.
|Field No. TINX Customer
|Define in which field in the TINX Customer table the value is stored for the match on Custom Field
No. of Address Checks
|Define how many times a new web customer without any addresses should be imported from the web, to check if new addresses are entered.
Assign Customer Templates
Some settings can be defined at the country/regional level or a state/province level. The settings can be configured in the Extended Customer Template Setup.
Export customers to the webshop
You can export existing customers to the webshop in bulk. In each case, a customer and one default billing address are created. Some webshops are accepting also multiple shipping addresses. You can manage the process using the following settings:
The following are requirements for exporting a customer:
- The customer must have a valid email address, first name / last name and a phone number.
- A country/region is selected on the customer card, for local customers, with blank country/region the country/region specified in the Company Information page must have an ISO Code defined.
The requirements below are only applicable for Shopify.
- If the customer has a phone number, the number must be unique because Shopify won't accept a second customer with the same phone number.
- If the customer has a phone number, it must be in the E.164 format. Different formats are supported if they represent a number that can be dialed from anywhere in the world. The following formats are valid:
- +x xxx-xxx-xxxx
- After you've created the customers in Shopify, you can send them direct invitations to encourage them to activate their accounts.
To actually send the customer over check the field 'Publish to Webshop' on the Customer Card.
You can schedule the task to be performed in an automated manner. Learn more at Schedule recurring tasks.
If it is allowed to order as a guest customer in the webshop (without registering an account), you can define a Customer No. for these guest orders. You can define the Webshop Guest Customer No. in the E-commerce Integration Setup. All web orders with Customer ID = zero or empty will be assigned to this Guest Customer No.
If the customer is blocked in the Customers table, the customer will be automatically blocked in the Webshop Orders table, and then the Webshop order will be blocked from being created until the customer is unblocked in BC.