A Message Definition is one of the key features of the Tinx-IT e-commerce connector. The role of the message defintions is to:
- Define the composition which will generate JSON or XML messages that are exchanged between BC and the web shop
- Map (align) the data fields between BC and the webshop e.g. connect the data fields between BC and the webshop
For every webshop integration we will deliver out-of-the-box Message Definitions which are ready to use. These pre-defined Message Definitions are available after activating the Tinx app.
Create Custom Definition
Custom message definitions can be created in two ways:
- Edit a pre-defined message definition
- Create a new Message Definition
If the structure is the same you can use the 'Copy function' within a Message Definition.
Retrieve Existing Lines
Sometimes you want to filter some data before you create it as a new record in a table. This feature is mostly used at an order import. What are the principles of this mechanism?
- Check the field 'Retrieve Existing Lines', fill the field 'Copy Into Table', select the right Table No. in to which the data should be copied.
- On 2 levels you should add links between the parent & child table:
- Copy Links: This is the link between the parent table and the source table where the data is in
- Links: Assign the Link between the target table and the parent table. (In case of order: Document Type = Document Type, Document No.= No.)
If you want to import values from a generic section like meta_data or custom_attributes, you can use this set-up:
Depending it's XML or JSON format you should use '/' or a '.' for the value.